Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Seven At Last!



This morning the latest list of players was published,
and above is a small (humble) version of the list.
To see the list in all its glory, click it.

The first thing you will notice is that
yours truly remains at the top of the list.
Closer inspection will reveal that
my skill level is now a 7 (Seven),
the highest skill level possible for 8 ball.

It was only 8 months ago
that I was getting beat regularly
in this game of 8 ball.
On reflection, the primary reasons
were that I was not recognizing natural patterns
(patterns that give natural position on the next ball)
and I was therefore trying impossible runouts.
Two simple ingredients for disaster.

This fulfills one more of the goals in my
2007 Plans For Pool Excellence.

I should take this moment to say "Thank You"
to my instructor, Tony Sorto ("El Maestro"),
for, without his genius it would have been
impossible for this pig to learn to sing.
Gracias, amigo.

OK, now back to the practice table,
and to achieving the other goals...

(blog top)


1 comment:

Robert Johnson said...

I must be psychic! I posted on June 15 (to your "Keep playing like that...") that you would be Skill 7 in only a week or 2. It took a week. Yay for you!