Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Friday, April 20, 2007

An Opportunity to Do Something Extraordinary

It's Thursday again,
and that means APA team 8-ball,
and that also means that
I start getting the pre-match head trips.

So I take some time to update my affirmations,
and print them out and read them aloud.
But I'm still antsy and nervous on the drive north,
but some deep, slow breathing helps calm me down.

And then the thought hits me:
Each trip to the table is
an opportunity to do something extraordinary.
Of course, I could screw it up completely,
but I could also do something great.
I don't really know how it will turn out,
but it certainly is an opportunity.

That's the positive visualization I needed...
During my match
I keep repeating this to myself.

I win, 5-1, vs. Miles H.
One game went 18 innings
due to extensive safety play
and that was a lot of fun.

My session record is now 9 and 2
for a win rate of 82%.

When I look back on those two losses
I can see that I may have won if
I had a more positive attitude during the match.

I am reminded of the great quote
from the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey...
"Something's going to happen, something wonderful."
Click here for the soundtrack.

(blog top)


No comments: