Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Adding weight

I've been waiting until the end of session
to try adding some weight to my playing cue.

It is now at 19.1 ounces.
El Maestro has suggested
increasing weight closer to
my old 22 ounce Willie Hoppe
which I used for many years.

Jim Stadum at Samsara
sent me an entire set of weights
so I can experiment.

I'm thinking it will help with a smoother stroke,
and get more action on the ball,
especially with draw shots.

(blog top)


1 comment:

Robert Johnson said...

I would be interested in hearing what you come up with. I use 18.6 oz but I wonder if I should be using something closer to 20 or 21 for shooting. I wonder... would I be able to do draw, follow, side spin just as well? Better? Worse? Would my aim be affected when hitting off-center? We all know a light cue gives the fastest breaking speed, but I know a friend who likes a heavier one for more cue ball control on the break. I wonder if it gives more aim control while shooting? I suspect speed control is better with a lighter cue.