Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Allison Fisher bows to El Maestro!




In the pro-am challenge matches
the night before the Viejas WPBA tournament,
Tony Sorto went up against Allison Fisher,
the undisputed #1 woman professional
pool player in the world...
and beat her like a red-headed stepchild.
(skunked her 2-zip)

Actually, Allison was more of a spectator
than a competitor.
But, truth be told,
Allison seemed to be mesmerized
(one might even say smitten)
by El Maestro's talents on the table.


(blog top)

3 comments:

Joann said...

I thought she would have been better. I can't wait for the morning so I can show my husband (The Bear) your blog.

Robert Johnson said...

I'm pretty sure Allison probably was not given any chance to run out. No matter how good you are, there's nothing you can do if you never get a chance to shoot. But even if you do get that shot, you might be hooked by good defense, leading to ball in hand for the opponent.

I gave Paul Potier (UPA tour) a challenge game a couple months back. I got the 9 on the break, so we did another. I broke (from the other side to avoid the repeat 9-on-break) and sunk nothing. His first shot was a fancy carom resulting in an unlucky scratch. I ran it out.

I played Allison once. I broke and had a do-able break and run. All it took was one goofed shot by me using the bridge as I tried to cut a ball down the rail. She ran out on me of course.

Anonymous said...

The Duchess of Doom does get the deserved chance to run out. She has the similar formidability to that of the 13-time darts world champion Phil 'The Power' Taylor and snooker players Joe Davis, Steve Davis...What's anyone do if he/she doesn't get a chance .......