Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Monday, October 10, 2005

Moonlight Pool



I really enjoy shooting pool alone.
And it's even better late at night,
and I dim the lights over the table,
way down to where the hard edges are blurred,
and the colors are muted so much that
the two and the eight and the four all look
about the same.

At times like these, it is not so much that
I line up the shot visually as I sense the shot.

Last night I really got into it,
and was shooting for hours,
until my right arm got so tired I had to stop.

Keeping me company was a perfect moonset
in a clear sky over the Pacific,
and the music of the waves.
It is at times like these that my spirit is most peaceful,
and some shots happen which are truly cosmic.

I highly recommend installing a dimmer on your table light,
and finding the quiet peace of solo low light pool.

No comments: