Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Friday, July 01, 2005

The Plan Evolves

After taking a couple of weeks to assimilate my
perfect, undefeated session in the Masters Tournament
my thinking about my future in pool is clarifying...

Since I have already won against
some of the best in the area APA,
there is nothing to be gained by
continuing to play against them.
I need to play substantially better players
in order to improve.

Additionally, it seems to be common sense
to compete in San Diego
until I have become at least one of the
top 3 players in the area,
and then expand geographically to selected
tournaments in Los Angeles and Las Vegas,
but only in smoke-free environments.

I have no interest in becoming a road hustler,
or to go on the pro tour,
that's just not part of my hermit lifestyle
where Solitude is the prize.

My sights are set on:

1. US Amateur Championships, California regionals
(September, San Diego)
2. US Amateur Championships, Nationals
(November, Atlanta)
2. Swanee Tournament (January, San Diego)
3. Challenges of selected high ranked players
(as available, at Mikie's Fun House or local pool hall)
4. Local tournaments (On Cue, College, Family)

Practice sessions will focus on areas
where I need more work:
1. Banks
2. Kicks
3. Caroms
4. Masse
5. Jumps
6. Safety

1 comment:

Michael McCafferty said...

Yes! My non-pool related website is www.MichaelMcCafferty.com.

And you can contact me directly at this email link.